Friday, August 10, 2018

Should I Stay or Should I Go?: Surviving a Relationship with a Narcissist Kindle Edition by Ramani Durvasula PhD (Post Hill Press)

Should I Stay or Should I Go?: Surviving a Relationship with a Narcissist by [Durvasula PhD, Ramani]
This is the best book I have read on the subject of narcissistic abuse in relationships and how this abuse affects the victim. It has been immensely validating for me as I am learning how I have been in the thrall of a narcissist for over thirty years. It outlines specific behaviors and emotions that are evident in these dysfunctional relationships; things I could have never put into words before I read this book. The author also gives specific advice and strategies for dealing with either staying in the relationship and what that would mean versus leaving the relationship and the hurdles and dangers to be aware of in that scenario. I found this book incredibly helpful. I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking they may be involved in a relationship with a narcissist, or for anyone who needs to understand the dynamic of this type of relationship, such as therapists, counselors, or lawyers.

Narcissism is a modern epidemic, and it’s spreading rapidly. But how do you know if you are in a relationship with one—and, what can you do about it? We live in a world of romance and rescue, where many believe love will conquer all, and that the more we endure unacceptable behavior, the more likely that we can “fix” our relationships. It doesn’t always work that way—despite what the fairy tales tell us. There are a few hard facts about pathological narcissism that most people don’t know and most psychologists will never tell you. Should I Stay or Should I Go? uses checklists, clinical wisdom, and real stories from real people to prepare you for the real terrain of pathological narcissism. It raises the red flags to watch for and provides a realistic roadmap for difficult situations to help you reclaim yourself, find healing, and live an authentic and empowered life. Whether you stay. Or go.

No comments:

Post a Comment