Monday, May 21, 2018

Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar-Your Brain's Silent Killers Hardcover – September 17, 2013 by David Perlmutter (Author), Kristin Loberg (Contributor) (Little, Brown and Company) (IBRCookBooks)



I read the book, Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, MD right before Christmas of 2013. It changed everything I thought I knew about food and its relationship to health. You really should read it. I don’t think we can change how we eat without changing how we feel about food. This book did that for me. I’ve lost (at last check) 18.2 lbs (April 26, 2014), and that’s without exercise, which I’ve never been able to do. It’s also without going around hungry, which all other diets have made me do. You do not count calories or carbs, or fats, or anything. You just eat what’s good for you: Fat - lots of it, meats, vegetables, eggs, cheese, salads, nuts, seeds (my new favorite snack is Pepitas, which they have at Publix). I eat all I want, and when I’ve had enough, that’s it. I eat a lot less than I used to because I’m getting enough fat in my diet, and not stuffing myself with useless breads, crackers, chips, and pasta – which just make me hungrier and hungrier. Of course, you know me – those were my favorites. You could not pay me now to eat that stuff.

Read the book, please! It will change your health, not just the scale. What I’ve gained are increased energy, lots less brain fog, joints moving better (do not hurt all the time), less headaches – a LOT less, tummy troubles are now non-existent, and before, I was always gaseous or had diarrhea, or just was hurting in general. Those are completely gone. Can you imagine not feeling sick at your stomach? I couldn’t either. It was a constant for me, in some form or fashion, ALL THE TIME.

My labs were checked in February, after just two months, and my doc was blown away. I was no longer in the diabetic range and my liver functions had normalized. She couldn’t believe how much better I said I felt. My depression has lifted immensely. I could go on all day about how much better I feel, but I want YOU to feel better too. I’m not asking you to change anything. I’m just asking you to read this book. You make up your mind. You decide what’s best for you. I do not do everything exactly like the book says. I have picked and chosen what I think is best for me. The best thing about this, the author is not just one man with a theory. He backs up everything he says with research from around the globe. He really knows his stuff. He also has a good website with a lot of articles to read: [...] If you want your health back, it’s time to read, Grain Brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment