Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Business Secrets from the Bible: Spiritual Success Strategies for Financial Abundance Hardcover – March 3, 2014 by Rabbi Daniel Lapin (Wiley)



Rabbi Lapin has a way of challenging the reader to consider simple truths that are hidden in plain sight.

Some of my favorite examples so far:

My boys and I particularly enjoyed one section where the contributions of Mother Theresa were compared with those of Bill Gates. I won't give away the lessons of that section -I'll let the book do that for you.

The lessons about the negative effects of donations is something I've never heard taught anywhere else, and yet the case is made quite convincingly that "giving" doesn't necessarily benefit the receiver the way so many of us assume it does - actually the effect can be devastating in many cases.

The lessons on specialization vs. general skills was eye opening. I've always been impressed with people who "know a little bit about many things, but aren't necessarily great at any one thing." Lapin makes a strong Biblical case for specialization however in a way that I'd never considered before.

This ISN'T merely a book of common sense. It will likely challenge many of the "common sense" assumptions you have about the "right" way to do business and manage your life and money. The book helped me uncover some bad habits - as well as some habits I was unnecessarily beating myself up over b/c I was unknowingly applying timeless Biblical standards.

Admittedly I've only read the first several chapters of this book, but I had to jump on Amazon and express how excited I am about Lapin's latest even if I don't read another word (trust me - I'm not stopping here). You won't regret grabbing this one - especially if you appreciated his previous book 'Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money' (another winner by Lapin).

No comments:

Post a Comment