Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money Hardcover – October 26, 2009 by Rabbi Daniel Lapin (Wiley)
Rabbi Daniel Lapin's wisdom has helped untold numbers of people, including me, grow in our business, family, and spiritual lives. In Thou Shall Prosper, Rabbi Lapin has done it again. This book tells it like it is in a helpful, honest, hopeful, informative way. He offers valid, useful information based on ancient wisdom and modern experience.
There is a plethora of great business advice in this book. It is amazing to get a glimpse into thousands of years of Jewish culture and how it relates to business success and then how it is transferred from one generation to the next. This book is required reading for anyone wanting to be successful in business.
Lapin distills this ancient Jewish history and wisdom into ten key points listed below;
1. Believe in the Dignity and the Morality of Business
2. Extend the Network of Your Connectedness to Many People
3. Get To Know Yourself
4. Do Not Pursue Perfection
5. Lead Consistently and Constantly
6. Constantly Change the Changeable While Steadfastly Clinging to the Unchangeable
7. Learn to Foretell the Future
8. Know Your Money
9. Act Rich: Give Away 10 Percent of Your After Tax Income
10. Never Retire