Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Rosie Revere, Engineer Hardcover – September 3, 2013 by Andrea Beaty (Author), David Roberts (Illustrator) (Harry N. Abrams) (IBRChildrensBooks)



One of my favorite authors and the woman who inspires me to do my best daily read this book during her women's conference RISE. There wasn't a dry eye in the building by the time she finished reading it aloud, with many of us leaving the room admitting we were going to immediately find the book and purchase it. I don't have children yet, but I have a wonderful, amazing mother who just retired from her role as a Chemical Engineer for over 27 years. This book screamed Mother's Day gift to me and it was a hit, my mom cried while reading too.

Andrea Beaty has written a children's novel for children and adults alike. It features an endearing character, Rosie, and her desperate hope of becoming an engineer. It's a whimsical tale told with lyrical words and gorgeous art. It's inspiring, moving, and might even be my favorite children's book I've ever read. Just don't tell Corduroy. I really appreciated that young Rosie has big dreams and even though the dream seems too big, it takes just one person and the perfect words to spark her spirit once again after a failure leads her to calling it quits. I absolutely recommend this children's short and will be purchasing it, and the other two books, for all future baby shower and kid's birthday gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment