Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook: More than 175 Ultra-Tasty Recipes for Total Health and Weight Loss Hardcover by Mark Hyman M.D. (Little, Brown and Company) (IBRCookBooks)



Excellent Strategy for healthy eating!

After 6 weeks I've lost 15lbs+ and have a lot more energy through out the day. This is an eating plan and lifestyle that I can stick with. I've actually saved $$ by doing this. I spend roughly $130 a week at the grocery store for 2 people and and am never hungry because you need to eat everything you got as it will go bad.

My goto Meal is Sauteed Veggies in EVOO. I would have eaten more veggies a long time ago if they were made this way. My most hated veggies (Brussel Sprouts and spinach) are now my 2 favorite ones.

Here is what I do,
The base I start with for almost everything is, Heat EVOO in a pan, Add in red Chili Flakes, Garlic and sliced onion... Saute this around for a few minutes to let oil absorb the flavor and from there you can really create anything.
Base: (EVOO, Garlic, Onions, a pinch or two of Red Chili Flakes)

Base + Spinach = Super Yummy, The spinach cooks and shrinks. Add Salt and pepper (Afterwards) to taste.

Base + Mixed Veggies (Brussel Sprouts, Asparagus, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Broccoli) Salt + pepper to taste.

To take it up a notch further you can try adding some white wine while the veggies are cooking for additional flavor. Also wait towards the end before adding any salt and pepper.

Also it is fun to experiment with different Types of Salts, Spices and Wine combinations.

Salt: (Johnny's, Himalayan Sea salt, Hawaiian Alaea salt, Plain Sea salt etc...)

You can take the above meal and turn it into an Asian stir fry by simply adding Hosin Sauce or a bit of low sodium Soy to it.

I've been doing about 70% veggies and 30% protein (Chicken, Beans, tofu, shrimp, fish...)

Verdict: Cheaper, Healthier, and by far way more tastier than eating out... or eating something out of a package.

No comments:

Post a Comment