Sunday, October 21, 2018

Beato Goes to Israel Hardcover – December 6, 2016 by Sucheta Rawal (Mascot Books) (IBRChildrensBooks)



Loved the concept. Introducing kids to different countries, cultures and religion through the adventures of a cat will not only invoke curiosity to learn about other countries and cultures, but also teach them early on to be tolerant, accepting and respectful of the differences around them. Join Beato (the house cat) on another fun adventure as he travels to Israel where he rides a camel, floats in the Dead Sea, and learns about the Holy Land. Beato Goes To Israel is the second book in the Beato Goes To series. Beato explores the Holy Land with a local girl and learns about it's history, popular sites, festivals, fruits, culture and people. The children's picture book is recommended for ages 4-8, as well as curious adults. 

The book will also incite a hunger for travelling, which it did for my kids. They have asked to visit other countries during holidays apart from our trips to India and they are already making up the list. The book was very informational without being overwhelming for my elementary school kids and frankly speaking I learned quite a bit myself about Israel. This book is on my “Reading list” for my 5 year old’s class as a mystery reader. My 9 year old who likes to draw loved the illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment