Friday, May 4, 2018

The Great British Vegetable Cookbook (National Trust) Hardcover by Sybil Kapoor (NAtional Trust) (IBRCookBooks)



For those who are not familiar with cooking using Metric measurements and English cooking temps their are conversion charts provided as well as a seasonal chart for the vegetables so you can plan your vegetable dish using fresh vegetables. The Cookbook is divided into seasons with multiple recipes for the different vegetables available for that season. I must admit I only tried a few of these recipes.but have found many that sound delicious. One of my favorites was the Radishes With Yogurt Herb Dip and the Buttered Radishes from the spring section. Although I had to use canned watercress The Peppery Roast Beef and Watercress Sandwich was very tasty.

If you love salads as much as I do then you need to try the Grilled Asparagus , Spring Onion and Feta Salad or perhaps you would prefer the Baby Artichoke, New Potato and Parmesan Salad. Yum. I made the Roast Tomato Soup for dinner tonight and is was such a hit paired with the Roast Beef Sandwich. I have plans to try the Tomato and Herb Cheese Sandwiches, Chunky Vegetable Soup, Pizza with Sweet Green Peppers, Roast Pepper Salsa and Corn and Pepper Relish. You will swoon over the Heritage Carrot Salad or the Beef and Carrot Pie.

There is the very easy Deep-Fried Onion Rings, easy enough for the beginner baker to try. Don't laugh but at 53 I made my first Onion Tart and then wished I had tried it years ago. Don't miss out on trying the Cabbage With Spring Onion And Bacon or The Potato Puffs. If you like to make your own stocks there are recipes for that as well different pastry and dough recipes. With 154 recipes to try you will and I will have a long time to try something new to tempt ourselves and out families.

No comments:

Post a Comment