Thursday, May 3, 2018

Minecraft: The Complete Handbook Collection Hardcover – July 28, 2015 by Stephanie Milton (Author), Paul Soares Jr. (Author), Jordan Maron (Author), Nick Farwell (Author) (Scholastic Childrens Books) (IBRChildrensBooks)




So I notice most of the reviews are parents saying how much their child loves this collection.

WELL. I am not embarrassed to say that I'm a 24 year old mother who bought this for herself. I've been playing Minecraft for 4 years now. It's almost my #1 favorite game. (Classic Tomb Raider is top) I have put a lot of time into Minecraft. When I first started playing I didn't have access to the internet so I learned everything on my own. I still very rarely look for answers on the internet. It's overwhelming to me and just hard to find what I'm looking for.

I'm so happy I found these handbooks!! I have become very fluent in the game on my own, but with a game like this it's almost impossible to know everything. One thing I've always had trouble with is Redstone. The Redstone handbook has taught me a general idea of how it works, but I'm still confused with the concept of "endless possibilities". I'm working with it though, and that's something I just didn't do.

The colored photos and diagrams they show are so helpful. I've learned many new things from each Handbook.

-Like, never place a bed in the Nether or End.

-Notch is the creator of Minecraft.

-Creepers drop music discs if killed by a skeleton.

-You can walk a tamed wolf with a fishing rod. You can also use fishing rods to reel mobs to their death.

I haven't read them all cover to cover yet, so I'm sure there's much more to learn. Bottom line, these handbooks are created in a way that they can be understood by all ages. (If you're old enough to play the game, you're old enough to read the books) They are made very clearly with photos of all explanations.
They are great for beginners and experts. In fact, if you put so much time into Minecraft that you ARE expert, then you'll want to have these books just as a fan.

I've included photos so you can get an idea of what they look like and what's inside. If I could change anything about these books it would be a more thorough explanation of Redstone. Kinda like Redstone for Dummies. But they are perfect. They are beautiful. Everytime I hold them I am taken back to that calming place in gameplay.

Important to note: these handbooks are geared more towards the PC/Mac platforms rather than Xbox or Playstation. I personally play on Xbox One, and 99% of the material is still relevant to me. It's just different controls and setup but you can still have the same outcomes.

Hope this review is helpful! Happy Mining.

No comments:

Post a Comment