Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Smudging and Blessings Book: Inspirational Rituals to Cleanse and Heal Paperback – April 7, 2009 by Jane Alexander (Sterling)


The ritual of smudging can be defined as "spiritual house cleaning." In theory, the smoke attaches itself to negative energy and as the smoke clears it takes the negative energy with it, releasing it into another space where it will be regenerated into positive energy. I’m pretty new to it, having only done one sage smudging once. As I’m a big proponent of the placebo effect in medicine, I was interested to see if this would also work. My current apartment has a lot of negative energy attached to it so I thought I’d give this a try. I like that the book includes the chakras and the aura cleansing is all about visualization. There were parts that I wanted to just skip to, however, but the cleanses/ rituals reference materials or animal spirits introduced earlier in the book. So it’s meant to be read through I suppose, which I didn’t love. I’m not a big animal spirits person. But you can’t beat someone being thorough.

For millennia, Native Americans have burned sacred plants in a bowl or on a stick to clear space of negative energies and restore balance. These simple smudging rituals can change your life, too. Learn how to combine smudging with other ancient techniques to promote healing or to turn your home into a spiritual sanctuary. Celebrate a baby’s birth with a gentle blessing that welcomes a new soul into the world. Begin each morning with a simple cleaning so you’ll sail through the day with confidence and hope. This natural power is available to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment