Monday, June 11, 2018

Down South Paleo: Delectable Southern Recipes Adapted for Gluten-free, Paleo Eaters Paperback – August 11, 2015 by Jennifer Robins (Page Street Publishing) (IBRCookBooks)



I recall stumbling onto Paleo, I was previously vegetarian and hit a rough patch with my health. Asthma and migraines were landing me in bed or at the er. I bought a book to rid migraines and didn't think to check if it was vegetarian, at the end of the book it stated that it was based off of the ancestral/Paleo diet. I didn't want to try the recipes due to my love of animals and the factory farms. I decided my health while raising three kids was too important not to give it a chance. Within a month I felt better and it was bittersweet since ethically I preferred vegetarian. I even tried vegetarianism again and the symptoms reoccurred, mind you I had full allergy testing with no food allergies. I finally decided Paleo was the way to go one of the first authors I found was Jennifer Robbins. I followed her blog for a while and loved that she recommended ethical sources for meat and fish. She's down to earth and actually answers questions on social media. My husband is from Alabama and I'm a Jersey girl so transitioning to Paleo we missed the comfort foods and this book hit the spot. Dishes I thought we'd never eat on Paleo again I can find most ingredients at the high end supermarkets and the others I get from Amazon, so I haven't had a problem locating them. She also listens to her followers and has a substitution list to replace items like water chestnut flour on her blog. Whether you want Southern inspired weekly or special occasions this is the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment